POOL RULES 2022
May 29 – August 16: 11:00 a.m. – 8:45 p.m.
May 31 – Swim Team practice 6-8 pm
June 6 – July 18 – Swim Team 8:45 – 10:30 am
August 17 – September 9: 3:00 p.m. – 8:45 p.m. (weekdays), 11:00 a.m. – 8:45 p.m. (weekends)
1) Key Fobs (which are your Pool Passes) will be required for entry to the pool deck. Under the authority of Westwood Farms HOA Trustees, lifeguards are required to admit only those with valid fobs. Your patience and cooperation are appreciated as you enter and leave the pool facility, especially at the beginning of break periods, when it can be very busy.
2. ALL DECISIONS BY METROPOLITAN POOL LIFEGUARDS ARE FINAL. Questions or comments regarding Metropolitan Pool lifeguards or pool rules should be directed to the Trustees. Please respect the authority of the lifeguards and follow their directions while you are in the pool area. Your cooperation is appreciated. We have retained this professional firm to manage our daily operations due to the complexities and importance of this facility.
3) Fobs are issued to individual family members who reside within the Westwood Farms community only and are current on their annual HOA dues.
4) NO running or horseplay is allowed in the pool or deck area to ensure the safety of everyone at the pool. Behavior or actions which, in the judgment of lifeguards, break pool rules will result in the following disciplinary measures: (except as otherwise noted)
- 1st Situation – Lifeguard will give a warning to swimmer.
- 2nd Situation – Individual will be required to sit on deck at lifeguard chair for 15 minutes.
- 3rd Situation – Individual will be sent home and not allowed to return to the pool for 24 hours. The parents will be contacted. If the resident is kicked out on a second occasion, they will not be able to enter the pool without parent for the remainder of the season.
5) Any use of profanity, vulgar, sexually or racially offensive language – witnessed by a lifeguard or reported to a lifeguard by an adult – will result in immediate ejection from the pool for the rest of the day and possible review by the Trustees. Verbal or physical abuse of a lifeguard or reckless endangerment of other swimmers will result in immediate ejection from the pool and prohibited re-entry to the pool area until the matter is reviewed by the Trustees. Lifeguards have been directed by the Trustees to request assistance from the Strongsville Police when any situation might compromise the safety of the lifeguard staff, residents or swimmers.
6) NO breath-holding games or prolonged breath-holding attempts are allowed in the pool or deck area.
7) Lifeguards reserve the right to administer a swim test to ANY swimmer at ANY time.
8) A resident is not permitted to bring more than five (5) guests to the pool with them at any one time. Each person accompanied to the pool is considered as one (1) use.
- ADULT: Persons 16 years and older, maximum of 5 guests
- TEEN: Persons 12 through 15 years of age, limited to 1 guest if not accompanied by an adult.
- CHILD: Persons 11 years old and younger, no guests permitted without an adult
(Children ages 11 and under MUST be accompanied by an adult)
9) Lifeguards have a first-aid kit for accidents and injuries. Please report ALL accidents and injuries to lifeguards to ensure both proper medical treatment and attention to dangerous or potentially dangerous conditions.
- ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES are NOT permitted in the area of the pool or the deck during pool hours when the facility is open to residents.
- SMOKING is NOT permitted at any time within the clubhouse, deck or pool area.
- GLASS CONTAINERS or BOTTLES are NOT permitted in the pool area at ANY time. Food and beverages may be brought to the pool. Garbage should be thrown in trash containers provided in the deck area, or brought home with you. Please pick up your own litter when you are leaving the area.
10) REST BREAKS Swimmers under the age of 18 are required to take a rest break each hour while at the pool. This means those under the age of 18 must completely exit the pool. Breaks are scheduled 15 minutes before the hour.
11) All children still in diapers MUST wear swim diapers in the pool.
12) All valuables, especially purses and wallets, should be left at home. Westwood Farms Homeowners Association is NOT responsible for money or valuables lost in the pool or clubhouse area.
13) Pool lounges and chairs are intended for adults first; unless the pool is not crowded. POOL CHAIRS ARE FOR POOLSIDE USE ONLY AND ARE NOT TO BE PLACED IN THE WATER. Swimmers must also wear clothing designated as swimwear. Cutoffs and shorts are not permitted in the pool at any time.
14) In the event of thunder and threatening weather, the lifeguards have complete authority to close the pool. If the storm passes and weather conditions improve, the pool will be reopened 30 minutes after the last thunder. After prolonged storm conditions, the pool may reopen at Metropolitan’s discretion. You may call the clubhouse lifeguard station (878-9052) to check on the pool status. When the temperature falls below 65 degrees, the pool will be closed.
15) Swimmer safety is the first concern of lifeguards, who are responsible for deciding what toys or objects are allowed in the pool. AT THE DISCRETION OF LIFEGUARDS, THIS WILL VARY DEPENDING ON THE NUMBER OF SWIMMERS AND POOL CONDITIONS. Rafts, inter-tubes and other floats to sit on are NOT permitted at any time. Noodles are allowed.
16) Objects may be thrown in the pool, as determined by the lifeguards, depending on the numbers of swimmers and the material of the projectile. Squirt guns and other water shooting toys are not permitted. Lost fobs can be replaced, but will need to be requested from a Trustee.